1. What Personal Data do we Collect?
Information you provide to us on our Website or otherwise – Certain parts of our Website may offer you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name, profile information) in order for you to learn more about our products and services, subscribe to our newsletters or alerts, and to request that marketing materials be sent to you. This may include Personal Information such as your contact information and job details provided via our Website, when we meet at certain events, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our Website for a range of reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our Website.
- To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To manage our Website and system administration and security
- To improve the navigation and content of our Website
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Website visitors
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services
- To customize content and layout of the Website
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at email@example.com. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
3. Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. The DDC takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available via this link – http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
4. Who do we Share Personal Information With?
We only share your Personal Information for the purposes set out above. We do not share it for any other purpose.
External third parties – We may share your personal data with our business partners; and third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, including IT service providers, internet exchange providers, cloud service providers, data storage providers, professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, and service providers that we use to serve you marketing or advertising online.
Internal third parties – We may also share your Personal Information with other related DDC departments for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may establish, purchase, or sell assets. If another entity acquires us or merges with us, your Personal Information will be disclosed to such entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information will be considered an asset of ours and as such, it is possible they will be sold or transferred to third parties.
How do we ensure it is protected? – We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Information for their own purposes, and only permit them to process your Personal Information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. Do we Transfer Data Overseas, i.e. from within the EEA to outside of the EEA?
Yes. We may need to transfer information to other DDC service providers or business partners in countries outside of your country.
From within the EEA to outside the EEA – The EEA (European Economic Area) means countries in the European Union, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. We may need to transfer personal data outside of the EEA, including, among others, to the USA and other countries in Africa and the Middle East.
When we send your information to a country that is not in the EEA, we will make sure that your information is properly protected. We will always ensure that there is a proper legal agreement that covers the data transfer. If a country is not considered to have laws that are equivalent to EU data protection standards, we will ask the third party service provider to enter into a legal agreement that reflects those standards.
From within another country (not in the EEA) to outside of that country – We may need to transfer personal data outside of a country. When we send your information from a country (not in the EEA) outside of that country, we will make sure that your information is protected to at least the same standard as that which is required in the originating country. For example, we will always ensure that there is a proper legal agreement that covers the data transfer.
6. Your Choices and Opt-Outs
Those who have opted in to our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing messages. In addition, any and all opt-out requests can also be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Our Security
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
8. Retention of data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we’ll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our services
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will delete it.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.