Africa’s most connected data center
The Djibouti Data Center (DDC) is the first and only carrier-neutral data center facility in East Africa with access to all major international fibre optic systems connecting Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific regions with Africa.
The center is a secure, environmentally-controlled and expertly-managed facility for the network server, content, and caching equipment. The center is strategically located near the new international cable landing station in Djibouti City, in which Djibouti Telecom houses its core universal mobile telecommunications system node.
Interested in how our services can help grow the profitability and productivity of your business?
Complete your details here and one of our sales representatives will get back to you.
Data center features
- Connected to the Djibouti Telecom cable landing stations via redundant and diverse fibre
- These include SMW-3, EIG, EASSy, AAE-1, SEA-ME-WE-5, and Aden-Djibouti.
- Interconnected to 11 transoceanic and regional fibre cable systems
- All major network operators present in the Meet-Me-Room
- Simplified interconnect between cabinets in every row of the collocation area
- Any point within the center can be connected with any other point via multiple routes
- Cabling for single and multimode fibre, Cat 6 UTP or GPO copper can be arranged
- All cabling is managed by structured cabling policies and is implemented by our technicians to guarantee availability
- Cabinets comprise of 42U racks
- An additional 200mm of depth is added per cabinet, making each cabinet 1200mm deep, allowing space for wiring, air flow and access
- All cabinets have unique locks, ensuring that only approved personnel can gain access
- Perforated front and back doors allow for 86% airflow
The Djibouti Internet Exchange (DjIX), located at the carrier neutral Djibouti Data Center, is an open and neutral peering point where each network operator is treated equally and fairly. The DjIX aims to enhance regional Internet connectivity, performance, and cooperation by leveraging its strategic geographical location and its unique access to 11 international and regional fibre optic cable systems.
Infrastructure and service
- Colocation facilities are available in managed client areas or a private cage
- Clients can choose from a variety of network operators or ISPs
- Routine daily, weekly and monthly maintenance is performed without interruption to data center services
The local municipality supplies power. Any power failures will be restored without interruption by the site’s UPS and generators, ensuring customers enjoy uninterrupted power, 100% of the time.
- Racks are supplied by concurrently maintainable, fault-tolerant dual power paths
- The facility is installed with integrated, segregated and concurrently maintainable IT and mechanical distribution boards (A+B)
- Highly efficient delta lithium-ion battery cabinets
- Automatic transfer switches and external UPS maintenance bypass
- Hot-swappable UPS components and fault-tolerant design improve redundancy and serviceability
- Multiple generators with 30 days of available fuel for disaster management
We have comprehensive perimeter and building security in place with 24/7 guarding. Pre-authorisation is required for data center access. A visitor’s identity is visually confirmed, with additional biometric confirmation.
- Service areas are physically separated from data center areas
- All areas have 24/7 intelligent monitoring and video surveillance with integrated motion sensors
- A unified building monitoring system logs all security and environmental data
- Customisable access policies can be implemented for private cage customers
- Alarms and early warning messages alert technicians on duty
- Multiple cooling zones with independent heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Temperature controlled and maintained between 22°C and 25°C, dependent on the season
- Independent humidity and temperature monitoring
We have proactive fire monitoring systems incorporating best practice fire protection and prevention procedures. The center is designed for a 120/120/120 fire rating for integrity, containment and insulation.
- Very early smoke detection apparatus (VESDA) complemented by conventional and optical smoke and heat detection
- Automated inert gas fire suppression systems
- Multi-zone monitoring
- Diesel generators and tanks are physically separated
- All monitoring and fire protection equipment is fed via an independent power source