A partnership for growth
We have partnered with Djibouti’s leading private telecommunications company, TO7 Network, to establish the country’s second carrier-neutral data center and the first carrier-neutral cable landing station.
The facility is anchored by a new cable system and generally caters for international submarine cable systems, telecommunications operations and regional enterprises. The facility enables us to better support our existing and new customers with their colocation, interconnection and redundancy needs, as well as provide connectivity to other important markets, such as Ethiopia.
Interested in how our services can help grow the profitability and productivity of your business?
Complete your details here and one of our sales representatives will get back to you.
Data center features
- Interconnected to the Djibouti Data Center via diverse fibre paths
- These include SMW-3, EIG, EASSy, AAE-1, SEA-ME-WE-5, and Aden-Djibouti.
- Simplified interconnect between cabinets in every row of the collocation area
- Any point within the center can be connected with any other point via multiple routes
- Cabling and connectivity for single and multimode fibre, Cat 6 UTP, VLAN, VPOP SDH
- All cabling is managed by structured cabling policies and is implemented by our technicians to guarantee availability
- Standard Cabinets comprise of 42U racks
- An additional 200mm of depth is added per cabinet, making each cabinet 1200mm deep, allowing space for wiring, air flow and access
- All cabinets have unique locks, ensuring that only approved personnel can gain access
- Perforated front and back doors allow for 86% airflow
Infrastructure and service
- Colocation facilities are available in managed client areas or a private cage
- Clients can choose from a variety of network operators or ISPs
- Routine daily, weekly and monthly maintenance is performed without interruption to data center services
The local municipality supplies power. Any power failures will be restored without interruption by the site’s UPS and generators, ensuring customers enjoy uninterrupted power, 100% of the time.
- Racks are supplied by concurrently maintainable, fault-tolerant dual power paths
- The facility is installed with integrated, segregated and concurrently maintainable IT and mechanical distribution boards (A+B)
- Highly efficient delta lithium-ion battery cabinets
- Automatic transfer switches and external UPS maintenance bypass
- Hot-swappable UPS components and fault-tolerant design improve redundancy and serviceability
- Multiple generators with 30 days of available fuel for disaster management
We have comprehensive perimeter and building security in place with 24/7 guarding. Pre-authorisation is required for data center access. A visitor’s identity is visually confirmed , with additional biometric confirmation.
- Service areas are physically separated from data center areas
- All areas have 24/7 intelligent monitoring and video surveillance with integrated motion sensors
- A unified building monitoring system logs all security and environmental data
- Customisable access policies can be implemented for private cage customers
- Alarms and early warning messages alert technicians on duty
- Multiple cooling zones with independent heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Temperature controlled and maintained between 22°C and 25°C, dependent on the season
- Independent humidity and temperature monitoring
We have proactive fire monitoring systems incorporating best practice fire protection and prevention procedures. The center is designed for a 120/120/120 fire rating for integrity, containment and insulation.
- Very early smoke detection apparatus (VESDA) complemented by conventional and optical smoke and heat detection
- Automated inert gas fire suppression systems
- Multi-zone monitoring
- Diesel generators and tanks are physically separated
- All monitoring and fire protection equipment is fed via an independent power source