Bringing Somaliland to the world
Launched in 2022, our Berbera, Somaliland carrier-neutral data center is the first and only commercial data center in Somaliland and is designed to meet our customers’ growing demand for digital services.
Our data center customers have access to our well-established commercial ecosystem, developed over 10 years of operating in East Africa. Customers will benefit from this critical infrastructure, enjoying improved internet speed, reliability, resilience and enhanced ability to access cloud-based services and other features.
Interested in how our services can help grow the profitability and productivity of your business?
Complete your details here and one of our sales representatives will get back to you.
Data center features
- Simplified interconnect between cabinets in every row of the collocation area
- These include SMW-3, EIG, EASSy, AAE-1, SEA-ME-WE-5, and Aden-Djibouti.
- Any point within the center can be connected with any other point via multiple routes
- Cabling for single and multimode fibre, Cat 6 UTP or GPO copper can be arranged
- All cabling is managed by structured cabling policies and is implemented by our technicians to guarantee availability
- Cabinets comprise of 42U racks
- An additional 200mm of depth is added per cabinet, making each cabinet 1200mm deep, allowing space for wiring, air flow and access
- All cabinets have unique locks, ensuring that only approved personnel can gain access
- Perforated front and back doors allow for 86% airflow
Infrastructure and service
- Colocation facilities are available in managed client areas or a private cage
- Clients can choose from a variety of network operators or ISPs
- Routine daily, weekly and monthly maintenance is performed without interruption to data center services
The local municipality supplies power. Any power failures will be restored without interruption by the site’s UPS and generators, ensuring customers enjoy uninterrupted power, 100% of the time.
- Racks are supplied by concurrently maintainable, fault-tolerant dual power paths
- The facility is installed with integrated, segregated and concurrently maintainable IT and mechanical distribution boards (A+B)
- Highly efficient delta lithium-ion battery cabinets
- Automatic transfer switches and external UPS maintenance bypass
- Hot-swappable UPS components and fault-tolerant design improve redundancy and serviceability
- Multiple generators with 30 days of available fuel for disaster management
We have comprehensive perimeter and building security in place with 24/7 guarding. Pre-authorisation is required for data center access. A visitor’s identity is visually confirmed, with additional biometric confirmation.
- Service areas are physically separated from data center areas
- All areas have 24/7 intelligent monitoring and video surveillance with integrated motion sensors
- A unified building monitoring system logs all security and environmental data
- Customisable access policies can be implemented for private cage customers
- Alarms and early warning messages alert technicians on duty
- Multiple cooling zones with independent heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Temperature controlled and maintained between 22°C and 25°C, dependent on the season
- Independent humidity and temperature monitoring
We have proactive fire monitoring systems incorporating best practice fire protection and prevention procedures. The center is designed for a 120/120/120 fire rating for integrity, containment and insulation.
- Very early smoke detection apparatus (VESDA) complemented by conventional and optical smoke and heat detection
- Automated inert gas fire suppression systems
- Multi-zone monitoring
- Diesel generators and tanks are physically separated
- All monitoring and fire protection equipment is fed via an independent power source